How it works
Post a job
Tell us about your job, and we'll alert suitable roofers in Dewsbury. It’s simple and free.
Once your job is posted, you'll get responses from interested roofers through the website.
Review and choose
Browse profiles, work history, and feedback, then choose who you wish to share your details with.
How much do roofers charge in Dewsbury?
The average cost of a new roof in Dewsbury is between £5,000 and £6,000, but that can vary depending on what it’s made from and the size of your home.
At the upper end of the scale, a new slate roof costs around £12,000. At the lower end, re-covering a flat roof with felt or asphalt usually costs in the region of £1,000. And for minor work like replacing a few tiles, expect to pay around £100 to £200.
Remember to factor in the cost of scaffolding as well, which is anywhere up to £900.
For more information on what you’ll pay for a roofer in Dewsbury, have a look at our pricing guide.
Can I find a reliable roofer in Dewsbury with MyBuilder?
Yes. Before we accept tradespeople who apply to the MyBuilder network, we look at their skills, qualifications and experience to make sure they meet our rigorous standards. Over a third of applicants who apply to MyBuilder get turned down, so you can be confident that we’ll only share your job with roofers who are reliable and experienced.
You can also look at feedback on MyBuilder from other homeowners before confirming a job. Over 99% of reviews for roofers working near Dewsbury are positive, so you’ve got a great chance of finding a recommended roofer near you.
Our hiring guide contains more advice on finding a reliable roofer in Dewsbury.
What questions should I ask my roofer in Dewsbury?
We know that having roofing work done can be nerve-racking, so it’s important to feel comfortable with your choice of roofing contractor.
Here are some questions it’s worth asking before you confirm a job:
- How much experience do they have with similar roofs, whether pitched or flat, and made from slate or clay tiles?
- Can they share a portfolio or any photos of recent work?
- Can they provide references?
- Do they have any relevant qualifications, such as NVQs?
- How long do they expect the work to take?
- Will you need to apply to Building Regulations for permission?
- What are their payment terms? You should never pay in full up front, and it’s often possible to defer payment until after it has rained so that you know the work is weatherproof.
Top Roofer Reviews
Roofers working near Dewsbury in West Yorkshire have an average review score of 99% positive based on 9,538 homeowner reviews.
Trusted by experts
Don’t just take our word for it, homeowners love MyBuilder too. We’re proud to be rated by Mumsnet.
Towns near Dewsbury
Other trades in Dewsbury
- Architectural Designers
- Bathroom Fitters
- Carpenters & Joiners
- Carpet & Lino Fitters
- Chimney & Fireplace Specialists
- Conservatory Installers
- Conversion Specialists
- Damp Proofing Specialists
- Decking Specialists
- Demolition Specialists
- Driveway Pavers
- Extension Builders
- Fascias & Soffits Specialists
- Flooring Fitters
- Gas Engineers
- Guttering Installers
- Heating Engineers
- Insulation Installers
- Kitchen Fitters
- Landscape Gardeners
- Loft Conversion Specialists
- New Home Builders
- Painters & Decorators
- Repointing Specialists
- Restoration & Refurb Specialists
- Security System Installers
- Tarmac Driveway Specialists
- Tree Surgeons
- Waste Clearance Specialists
- Window & Door Fitters
- All Builders
- All Tradespeople
Ask a Roofer
Our vetted professionals answer your home improvement questions
- I am planning to re-roof my garage using 2mm torch-on felt. the garage roof is about 19 feet long and only has a shallow gradient. do i need to fit an underlay?
- Which roofing material should i use?
- Should i give a deposit up front before the work is carried out?
- Lead valleys cracked and allowing water to leak in roof, what are my options to fix ?