How it works
Post a job
Tell us about your job, and we'll alert suitable roofers in Glasgow. It’s simple and free.
Once your job is posted, you'll get responses from interested roofers through the website.
Review and choose
Browse profiles, work history, and feedback, then choose who you wish to share your details with.
Can I find a reputable roofer in Glasgow with MyBuilder?
When a roofing issue comes up, it’s not always easy to see what’s gone wrong, or what needs to be done to fix it. But using a recommended roofer in Glasgow can give you some all-important peace of mind.
All tradespeople who apply to the MyBuilder network are subject to careful checks, and over a third are turned down. That means when you post your job, we’ll only alert builders who we believe have the skills and experience to get it sorted.
You can also look at reviews from other customers to give you extra confidence in your choice. All feedback on MyBuilder is verified, and over 97% of reviews for roofers are positive.
For more advice on finding a reputable roofer near you in Glasgow, take a look at our customers’ guide to hiring roofers.
How much do roofers charge in Glasgow?
The average cost of replacing a tiled roof in Glasgow is between £5,000 and £6,000. This figure includes labour, but it doesn’t factor in any structural changes that might be necessary, like removing beams.
If you want to get a flat roof replaced, you could pay as little as £1,000. And for minor work like replacing a few tiles, expect to pay around £100 to £200.
It costs nothing to post a job on MyBuilder, and we don’t charge a membership fee, so you’ll only pay for the work you need. We’ll share your job with hundreds of roofers in your area of Glasgow so that you can get a range of quotes for comparison.
We’ve created a pricing guide with more information on roofing costs.
What should I look for when hiring a roofer in Glasgow?
When work’s going on (literally) over your head, it can feel a bit unnerving. That’s why we recommend doing a bit of homework before you hire a roofer.
Here are some questions to ask a roofing contractor in Glasgow before confirming a job:
- Do they have much experience with your type of roof, whether it’s pitched or flat?
- Have they got any photos of similar work they’ve done?
- Can they provide references?
- What kind of reviews have they received on MyBuilder?
- Do they have any qualifications or certifications, such as NVQs?
- Are they a member of the CompetentRoofer scheme? This verifies that their work is compliant with Building Regulations.
- Can they offer a payment plan?
Top Roofer Reviews
Roofers working near Glasgow in Lanarkshire have an average review score of 99% positive based on 7,659 homeowner reviews.
Towns near Glasgow
Other trades in Glasgow
- Architectural Designers
- Bathroom Fitters
- Carpenters & Joiners
- Carpet & Lino Fitters
- Chimney & Fireplace Specialists
- Conservatory Installers
- Conversion Specialists
- Damp Proofing Specialists
- Decking Specialists
- Demolition Specialists
- Driveway Pavers
- Extension Builders
- Fascias & Soffits Specialists
- Flooring Fitters
- Gas Engineers
- Guttering Installers
- Heating Engineers
- Insulation Installers
- Kitchen Fitters
- Landscape Gardeners
- Loft Conversion Specialists
- New Home Builders
- Painters & Decorators
- Repointing Specialists
- Restoration & Refurb Specialists
- Security System Installers
- Tarmac Driveway Specialists
- Tree Surgeons
- Waste Clearance Specialists
- Window & Door Fitters
- All Builders
- All Tradespeople
Ask a Roofer
Our vetted professionals answer your home improvement questions
- I have had a re-roof and it is leaking everywhere, what can i do?
- Roof verges: repoint or plastic
- Should i give a deposit up front before the work is carried out?
- Sandy mortar!