How it works
Post a job
Tell us about your job, and we'll alert suitable roofers in Hertfordshire. It’s simple and free.
Once your job is posted, you'll get responses from interested roofers through the website.
Review and choose
Browse profiles, work history, and feedback, then choose who you wish to share your details with.
How can I find a reputable roofer near me in Hertfordshire?
Leaky ceiling? Cracked gutters? Damaged chimney? Any roofing work needs to be dealt with quickly if you want to avoid damage to your home, which is why finding a reliable local professional is so important.
We know that finding a roofer you can trust in Hertfordshire can be a challenge, so we’ve done the hard work for you. We check the skills and experience of all tradespeople who apply to our network so you can be confident we’ll only put you in touch with reputable roofers near you.
Here are a few extra questions to ask a roofer in Hertfordshire:
- How much specific experience do they have in the work you need?
- Do they have any qualifications, like NVQs?
- Are they a member of any official bodies, like the NFRC (National Federation of Roofing Contractors)?
- Are they a member of CompetentRoofer? This is part of the government-backed Competent Persons scheme that indicates that a roofing company’s work complies with Building Regulations.
- Can they provide references?
Our hiring guide contains more tips on hiring a roofer in Hertfordshire.
Where can I find a cheap roofer in Hertfordshire?
Our extensive network of roofers in Hertfordshire means you can get a range of quotes to compare.
Roofing costs vary considerably, starting from around £200 for maintenance or minor repairs. If you need a new pitched roof, the average cost is between £5,000 and £6,000. To re-cover a flat roof, you’ll be looking at paying around £1,000.
Experienced roofers will be able to give you some advice on saving money, and using a roofer who comes recommended means work will be carried out to a high standard, which avoids costly remedial work.
You can find out more about the cost of working with a roofer in our pricing guide.
Can I find a roofer in Hertfordshire for the job I need?
MyBuilder can put you in touch with roofers in Hertfordshire with a range of skills and specialisms. Here are some of the common roofing jobs you can get help with:
- Roof replacements
- Replacing loose or missing tiles
- Fitting insulation
- Repointing or repairing chimneys
- Replacing or repairing gutters
Share as much detail about your job as you can when you post it on MyBuilder, and we’ll help you find a roofer with the skills and experience you need.
Top Roofer Reviews
Roofers working in Hertfordshire have an average review score of 99% positive based on 7,916 homeowner reviews.
Trusted by experts
Don’t just take our word for it, homeowners love MyBuilder too. We’re proud to be rated by Mumsnet.
Towns near Hertfordshire
- Welwyn Garden City
- St Albans
- Potters Bar
- Waltham Cross
- Letchworth Garden City
- Abbots Langley
- Hemel Hempstead
- Waltham Abbey
- Kings Langley
- Much Hadham
Other trades in Hertfordshire
- Architectural Designers
- Bathroom Fitters
- Carpenters & Joiners
- Carpet & Lino Fitters
- Chimney & Fireplace Specialists
- Conservatory Installers
- Conversion Specialists
- Damp Proofing Specialists
- Decking Specialists
- Demolition Specialists
- Driveway Pavers
- Extension Builders
- Fascias & Soffits Specialists
- Flooring Fitters
- Gas Engineers
- Guttering Installers
- Heating Engineers
- Insulation Installers
- Kitchen Fitters
- Landscape Gardeners
- Loft Conversion Specialists
- New Home Builders
- Painters & Decorators
- Repointing Specialists
- Restoration & Refurb Specialists
- Security System Installers
- Tarmac Driveway Specialists
- Tree Surgeons
- Waste Clearance Specialists
- Window & Door Fitters
- All Builders
- All Tradespeople
Ask a Roofer
Our vetted professionals answer your home improvement questions
- I am planning to re-roof my garage using 2mm torch-on felt. the garage roof is about 19 feet long and only has a shallow gradient. do i need to fit an underlay?
- Roof verges: repoint or plastic
- Sprayed foam roof insulation
- I have had a re-roof and it is leaking everywhere, what can i do?