How it works
Post a job
Tell us about your job, and we'll alert suitable roofers in Reading. It’s simple and free.
Once your job is posted, you'll get responses from interested roofers through the website.
Review and choose
Browse profiles, work history, and feedback, then choose who you wish to share your details with.
What services does a roofer in Reading offer?
Roofers in Reading offer a range of services, from small repairs that might take less than an hour to a complete re-roofing, which could last several days.
Some of the most common jobs roofers are asked to carry out include:
- Replacing damaged or missing tiles (typically made from clay, cement or slate)
- Installing new roofs
- Inspecting roofs for wear and tear
- Installing or repairing gutters and flashing
- Maintenance and cleaning services to prolong the life of a roof
- Fitting insulation and other energy-efficient solutions
- Installing and repairing skylights and solar panels
Once you’ve posted your job on MyBuilder, we’ll share it with roofers near you with the relevant experience and skills. You can also browse through our listings of tradespeople and check out their profiles and reviews. If you see someone you like the look of, you can send them a message directly.
Take a look at our hiring guide for more advice.
How much does it cost to replace a roof in Reading?
The cost of replacing a roof can vary considerably, according to factors like the size and pitch of the roof and the type of materials used. On average, a new roof in the UK costs between £5,000 and £6,000. Roofs made with slate tiles usually cost more, while replacing the felt on the flat roof of a garage, shed or dormer costs less; somewhere in the region of £1,000.
Our pricing guide provides more information on the cost of roof repairs in Reading.
MyBuilder’s clever matchmaking system lets you get quotes from a number of different roofing contractors so you can get a better idea of the cost for your specific project.
How quickly can I find a roofer in Reading with MyBuilder?
We know that time is of the essence when it comes to roof repairs. Getting any issues sorted quickly is crucial if you want to avoid water damage and damp problems in your home.
You can post your job on MyBuilder for free. Over 90% of jobs receive interest, and you can usually expect to hear from a tradesperson within a few minutes. We’ll also make sure we share your job with roofers who are local to you in Reading.
Top Roofer Reviews
Roofers working near Reading in Berkshire have an average review score of 99% positive based on 5,461 homeowner reviews.
Towns near Reading
Other trades in Reading
- Architectural Designers
- Bathroom Fitters
- Carpenters & Joiners
- Carpet & Lino Fitters
- Chimney & Fireplace Specialists
- Conservatory Installers
- Conversion Specialists
- Damp Proofing Specialists
- Decking Specialists
- Demolition Specialists
- Driveway Pavers
- Extension Builders
- Fascias & Soffits Specialists
- Flooring Fitters
- Gas Engineers
- Guttering Installers
- Heating Engineers
- Insulation Installers
- Kitchen Fitters
- Landscape Gardeners
- Loft Conversion Specialists
- New Home Builders
- Painters & Decorators
- Repointing Specialists
- Restoration & Refurb Specialists
- Security System Installers
- Tarmac Driveway Specialists
- Tree Surgeons
- Waste Clearance Specialists
- Window & Door Fitters
- All Builders
- All Tradespeople
Ask a Roofer
Our vetted professionals answer your home improvement questions
- We had a velux window installed 3 years ago and its had constant leaks. is it best to replace the window or is it possible to ever fix a leak?
- Felt under roof tiles has split - what are the options?
- Roof verges: repoint or plastic
- Sandy mortar!