Gas Work Question

Pipe size required for combi...

I am trying to get a small combi fitted in a new house and am confused because of conflicting advice from 2 gas safe registered fitters. One says a valient eco tec pro 24 will be fine using existing pipework which includes a 15mm section of piping going upstairs with a few bends, for about 10-15 meters from street source. The other says won't get enough gas to the boiler.
I'm obviously trying to do this safely so any help me working out who is right much appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks a lot for the replies, most useful.

3 Answers

Most boiler manufacturers specify 22mm gas inlet pipework now as standard.

Answered 10th Feb 2013

Electrical Safety Services

Member since 17 Oct 2011

you will need 2.4 meters cubed per hour gas supply to the boiler,15mm pipe will only supply 1.1 mtrs cubed per hour on a 15mtr run of 15mm pipe,and that is on a straight line,for every bend you need to add on 500mm. ie 10mtrs of gasline with say 10bends becomes 15mtrs in lenth. tom clydebank plumbing& heating

Answered 13th Feb 2013

clydebank plumbing and heating

Member since 14 Apr 2011

Unless you are gas safe you shouldn't be installing the gas pipe. But it should be 22mm to supply the 24is boiler

Answered 26th Feb 2013

ABS Plumbing & Electrical ltd

Member since 14 Jan 2009

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Gas Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions