Plumbing Question

Toilet seat removal

My toilet seat broke, so thought easy to remove the two round chrome fittings with a star screw driver and replace. However I screwed and screwed and the screw won't come out. When I feel underneath the screw there is some sort of rubber nut, is this heat sealed on? How can I replace the round chrome fittings?
I have tried cutting the rubber off although this is hard as I can't see it. Don't want to call a plumber as it was 300 quid just to replace a tap in the bathroom .
Any help would be appreciated

1 Answer

Best Answer

sounds like pee has made the skrews rusty over time you will have to cut them off , and as for the plumber and £300 to change 1 tap he needs reporting im changing 2 taps tomorrow for £35

Answered 4th Feb 2013


Member since 5 Jul 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions