Ask a tradesman

Architectural Services


How would you recognise if a house wall had serious structural damage caused by subsidence and needed underpinning, or if a crack was just a crack and had to be filed and a helibar put in place. I am asking because I have an outside wall that has a crack 4 mm wide on the inside and a bit wider on the outside, that appeared to widen after a new roof was built?

1 Answer from a MyBuilder Architectural Designer

Best Answer

you would need to get a structrural survayor to check. you say youve just had a new roof built this may have added extra weight which could be causing the issues you are having


Answered 27th Jan 2013

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories