Ask a tradesman

Carpentry & Joinery

Spindles and and fitting?

We are looking at buying a new house that currently has a staircase that's open on one side. We are wanting fairly basic spindles and a bannister fitting. It's a straight staircase (maybe 10-12 steps?) and we were wondering (a) whether a carpenter/joiner would supply the stuff or whether we would have to get it ourselves.Thanks for any replies.

2 Answers from MyBuilder Carpenters & Joiners

Best Answer

You will have to choose the style and type of wood.
A discussion with a couple of carpenters will resolve any questions, they
should be willing to advise, and will probably supply themselves.
Use this site to employ.


Answered 27th Jan 2013

Would always recommend a joiner to fit, you can get the stuff but a tradesman can also get it. I would recommend a trader to supply the parts due to the fact that he can get it cheaper than b&q stuff and if you go to a DIY shop the quality isn't always great were as a good joiner will use one supplyer mainly cause he knows its always good quality.


Answered 27th Jan 2013

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories