Electrical Question


im running a new earth to my gas main,can it come off my cu?

1 Answer

Best Answer

The main earth bond to the consumers side gas pipe should come from the main earthing terminal, see diagram by following link below;


If you don't have an MET external to the Consumer Unit you can install one. They are just over £1 for a four way earth block from scxrewfix.

Answered 21st Jan 2013

Electrical Safety Services

Member since 17 Oct 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Electricians who can help you with your project.

Search all questions