Ask a tradesman

Hard Flooring

I have concrete floor that are dropping. what do i do?

I have an 8 year old house (still covered by NHBC). The majority of the downstairs is tiled and I have noticed a number of craked tiles (with the cracks widening) and gaps between the skirting board and tile in most of the downstairs room. The house was 1 of 6 new builds on a plot and I know neighbours have similar problems. What are my options?

3 Answers from MyBuilder Flooring Fitters

Best Answer

get in touch with the nhbc it sounds like the foundations are failing and need to be checked ,it would be wise if you could contact all the home owners on the development and do it as a group your cover is with the nhbc and only lasts 10 years so get in touch asap


Answered 10th May 2011

first option is to contact n h b c to see if they are prepared to help (no guarantees).option 2-dig up the floors and re-lay them properly, post a job on this site and get several quotes from tradespeople in your locality,good luck Terry.


Answered 10th May 2011

I would contact NHBC as they still cover this property they should get it reticfied via the developer, probably intake digging up old floors and relaying.


Answered 3rd Aug 2011

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories