Ask a Tradesman
Bathroom Fitting Question
Court case imminent. i'm no rogue customer and want to be fair!
15/01: the Which survey only addresses tiles out of my list below. Can you please help with the other items?
The dispute concerns both some jobs that were poorly executed and some that were carried out well but without agreeing a price. Can you please help me price fairly the following:
- tile floor 350cm x 150cm and one wall (350 x 260), plus area around WC and vanity unit with 60cm x 60cm porcelain tiles
- install helifix bar in one wall (max height 260cm)
- replace lead pipe running along bath (ca. 300cm)
- build five IKEA carcasses, place them along a wall (not fixed), and dispose of four old ones
- run wiring and install shaver socket, one spot light and an extractor fan (labour only)
- disconnect and reconnect gas hob (same position)
- disconnect and reposition kitchen sink and tap (very similar position)
Of course no job had to be carried out in isolation, they were all part of the same big job, so no individual call charges should be incurred.
Hi, sorry to hear your dispute has escalated that far.
Hopefully you will find this helpful (you can browse through the individual "how much should I pay?" sections without being a which member).http://local.which.co.uk/advice/cost-price-information-bathroom-fitter
The data is from July 2012 and based on a survey of 176 traders so the prices should be pretty reliable / realistic.
Answered 14th Jan 2013