Conservatories Question

? planning permission for lean to conservatory

Do I need planning permission to install an all glass lean to conservatory 2m x 4.5m. The house is semi detached.
Thanks Bee

3 Answers

This is hard to answer based on this information. Go on and view the interactive house for further guidance.

Answered 9th Jan 2013

SD Building Plans

Member since 14 Dec 2012

Send an email to your local planning dept they will advise.

Answered 9th Jan 2013

Park Plumbing & Tiling

Member since 16 Nov 2010

Hi, Is the 4.5m distance projecting out from the property? If so you will definitely need to apply. If not you will need to first establish if your property still has its permitted development rights intact. These are rights that set out what you're entitled to build without having to apply. You can do this by calling your Council's planning team.
If they are intact for conservatories and extensions then you will next need to establish if your conservatory conforms to the permitted development rules which you can view on the planning portal website.
If you find that you can fit within the rules you will not need to apply but I would advise considering applying for a Lawful Development Certificate before you build. It will cost £75 from your Local Council but it can save all sorts of headaches if you sell in the future or any neighbour disputes happen.
UK Property Services

Answered 10th Jan 2013

UK Property Services

Member since 21 Feb 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Conservatory Installers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions