Conservatories Question

Build a conservatory what do i need?

I live in a victorian converted flat on the second floor

I have a roof outside my kitchen window , which used to be a balcony.

I would like to turn the window into a French door and close the balcony to turn into a small concervetory

A/ what would the cost be for that ?
B/ do I need planning permission ?

C/ what tradesman would do this sort of thing?

Many thanks !

2 Answers

First port of call is the Planning Dept. Most planning deptartments have a "duty planner service" which in most cases is free. Take some photos of the property that you want to change and go and visit the council to discuss your ideas. If they think it is worthy of an application, you will then need an architectural technician to provide drawings suitable to submit for a planning application. You would need permission from the freeholder as well.

Answered 6th Jan 2013

SD Building Plans

Member since 14 Dec 2012

You need to speak to an expert.
They can look at the space and advise you of your options.
Some companies, such as ours, deal with the planning for you and building regulations etc..

Answered 7th Oct 2013

All Seasons Group Ltd

Member since 4 Oct 2013

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Conservatory Installers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions