Windows Question

Water appears on wall where the window frames meet the window boards

When ever it rains I have heavy water marks like damp appears on the wall where the window frames meet the window board on the edges on both side. .Any solution of how I can cure this ,any advice will be appreciated
Many thanks

1 Answer

Best Answer

You have described what happens when the external seal (between brickwork or stone and window frame) has failed.
How old is the window? Has the stonework been sandblastered? does the silicone sealant pull away easily?
Removing the existing and resealing with a low modulas siicone on a backing rod should prevent water ingress. Around £140 for a standard back to back terrace house.
Regards Ash GMA Installations

Answered 3rd Jan 2013

GMA Installations Limited

Member since 12 Oct 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Window Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions