Plumbing Question

Water pump required, where in the house would it need to be located?

I have poor water pressure on the hot tap at the kitchen sink, I have a gravity feed tank (which is on the same floor level) do I need a pump and what sort and where in the house would it need to be located, if any one could advice me it would be greatly appreciated.

2 Answers

Best Answer

If your cold supply's are gravity and you have mixer taps you may need to also pump the cold (except the kitchen which will be main) otherwise the hot can push back the cold once pumped.... You may also need to change all the toilet ball valves to deal with the new pressure otherwise they may continue to fill and overflow if the cold is pumped.

Answered 19th Dec 2012

Taps 'N' Tiles

Member since 14 Sep 2012

A shower pump will do the job, single impeller type, do not try to pump the cold main.

Answered 16th Dec 2012

chris tomlin

Member since 28 Mar 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions