Ask a tradesman
What is the disadvantage of having a main sewer located within my property ?
Hi, I,m buying a 1930 built house,The property is connected to a shared drainage system which then discharges into the main sewer which is located on the side of my semi-detached house.
my question is what is the disadvantage of having this located within my property & would it be a problem if i wanted to do an extension or when i needed to sell the property in the future.
2 Answers from MyBuilder Plumbers
Walton On The Naze • Member since 17 Apr 2012 • 2 jobs, 100% positive feedback
When it blocks up to the top where will it go, and where will the stink go.
Also when it blocks access to rod it will be required.
I have seen water pressure blow a sewer cover lid up, not a pretty sight. Most people who incorperate a sewer man hole in their property seem to floor over and hope for the best, pretending its not there. Not recomended.
Answered 19th Nov 2012
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- What is the rough cost of a DPC for 23m of wall? The house is a Victorian end of terrace. Please include the cost of replastering internal walls.
- A Plumber quotes a estimate price for a Bathroom Installation. Customer offers to carry out help to install. Can the plumber still charger the estimate price?
- What is going on with my telephone wiring?
- Recurring mould issues even after the installation of a PIV System