Ask a tradesman
The correct sequence in getting our lounge and dining room ready
We figured out that we would like to get the following done for our lounge and dining room.
1.Replace the carpets with solid wood floor(DIY)
2.Skim/replace the artex ceiling and fix flush ceiling lights(tradesman)
3.Strip wall paper and paint the wall(DIY)
What would be the best sequence to do these work.
Anu suggestions/tips to reduce the cost,speed up the work,get desired looks
2 Answers from MyBuilder Painters & Decorators
Wadebridge • Member since 10 Nov 2011 • 18 jobs, 100% positive feedback
Geoff has answered the question for you,Gary
Answered 8th Nov 2012
Putney • Member since 5 Nov 2012 • 2 jobs, 100% positive feedback
Hey this would be what I would recommend:
1. Rip out carpets and gripper rods.
2. Start stripping paper.
3. Get ceiling skimmed.
4. Fit spot lights.
5. Decorate room.
6. Fit flooring and beading.
I hope this helps.
Answered 5th Nov 2012
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- Roof repaired 3 times and leak is not fixed
- We have our double garage converted to have an office and an utility room (two seperate rooms). We did not get the electric certificate and the building certificate for the work done already.
- Cracks appearing and getting bigger in room above dodgy conservatory and water logged garden.
- Installing a bath in a wet room...Help!