Ask a tradesman

Groundwork & Foundations

Flooded garden

Flooded garden.Our 100ft garden at the back of the house is at the lowest level amongst all the neighbours and it is clay based. Consequently it is forever covered in water. Can anyone with who is en expert in this field help please? Mr and Mrs Harrison

2 Answers from MyBuilder Groundworkers

Best Answer

Hi, you may want to consider putting drainage and/or a soak away in to it, there are a few types of each and the total size of the garden should be a deciding factor in the type of solution you use.


Answered 4th Nov 2012

i would suggest you dig drainage channels along the perimeter and centre of your garden connected to a soak away or into your top water drain.
dig the trenches at least 300mm deep and fill with llimestone chippings and a perferated pipe with slight fall


Answered 5th Nov 2012

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories