Damp Proofing Question

Damp in single skin wall

We have an end terrace cottage , probably 120 years old or thereabouts.
It has had an electric damp course, the sort with a guarantee that you need the original installer to come back to ( a franchise I think) but he does not seem to exist anymore! I don't have much faith in these systems but need to do something as the damp on the outside corner of the house is pretty bad, some of the bricks are very soft and some of the render just falling off! I would be grateful for any ideas on how to control the problem if not get rid of it!
Many thanks

2 Answers

Hi there
You can have a new injected damp course with insurance backed guarantees then re-render,you do not mention internal damp .

Answered 1st Nov 2012

Trident Damp

Member since 26 May 2011

it is hard to say without seeing the job 1st.
i know it sounds silly of me but is the electro osmosis dpc still switched on as when done properly it does an excellent job.
If you render is falling off this wont help as any rain that gets in to the cracks will be getting sucked in through the soft bricks so this needs looking at and repairing straight away!!. post the job and get several builders round to quote on whats needed.

Answered 2nd Nov 2012

jd kent

Member since 14 Jun 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Damp Proofing Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions