Ask a tradesman


Single skin wall

I have an extention at the rear of my house which is a kitchen. However, this is a single skin structure and I would like to insulate the wall. Is this practical? Neighbours have extentions but they are not single skin.

2 Answers from MyBuilder Bricklayers

Yes, fix battens to the depth you want the insulation thickness to the said wall/walls and then celotex/kingspan between then a vapour barrier (polythene) then plasterboard and plaster.....


Answered 20th Oct 2012

You have 2 options either external rendered insulation boards or build a internal stud walls in insulate them.


Answered 20th Oct 2012

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories