Stonemasonry Question

I have a cement/concrete based ('tyrolean'?) finish on my house and i would like it removed, how can it be removed please

4 Answers

Best Answer

Either hammer & chisel (long,hard work!)or a kango,although you will probably have to re-render it as more often than not brickworks rendered because it's in a poor condition which begs the question why are you removing it in the first place?

If it's solid and in good condition i would leave it.

Hope this helps,


Answered 27th Apr 2011

carl melady

Member since 1 Jun 2008

You havent said what you are going to do once you have removed the render/tyrolean.
Basically either use a lump hammer bolster / chisel or prefered method small kango and away you go.

Answered 27th Apr 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

It must be hacked off back to brick, Then replaced by either plain render or pebble dash, Because when you take it off the brickwork will not be clean enough to point

Answered 27th Apr 2011

chris pickles plastering

Member since 20 Jan 2011

No feedback

you could hack it to the brick work ,see what it looks like then make a decision, if the brick work looks ok you grit sandblast it then repoint the brick work,and then weather seal it

Answered 9th Dec 2011

leeds pointing

Member since 20 Jul 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Stonemasons who can help you with your project.

Search all questions