Ask a tradesman


Wiring in solid walls

Hi, I need some advice, I have a LED tv mounted on a solid fire place wall. I want to hide the wiring by cutting a small channel through the wall, but what is the name of the internal casing the wires need???

3 Answers from MyBuilder Electricians

Best Answer

If its completely round then its called "conduit", if its flat on two sides with rounded ends its called "oval" and if its a single layer and shaped like a small bridge (a shallow n shape) its called "capping).

Conduit and capping are available in different sizes in both metal and plastic, whereas oval is only available in plastic.

Remember that the cables that your flushing into the wall need to be RCD protected to comply with BS7671:2008 requirements or installed at a depth of greater than 50mm deep.


Answered 13th Oct 2012

Hi, Oval conduit would be suitable.


Answered 10th Oct 2012

Capping would be easier.


Answered 11th Oct 2012

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories