Ask a tradesman
The best exterior gloss paint?
Can anyone recommend a good quality exterior gloss paint ?. I am thinking of using dulux Weathershield exterior gloss and under coat. Considering the extra cost iIs it worth using the Dulux Trade version?
2 Answers from MyBuilder Painters & Decorators
Borehamwood • Member since 17 Feb 2012 • 22 jobs, 100% positive feedback
Hi, the best exterior gloss is come from Sikkens and is in my opinion better than any gloss from Dulux,Leyland, Crown, Johnstone's.
I have used it for years and i have no problems and some work is done 4 or 5 years ago and still looks very good.
Answered 4th Oct 2012
Newport • Member since 18 Nov 2011 • 3 jobs, 100% positive feedback
Hi Must agree with RDS on this has i to use Sikkens on exterior and interior.
Its a complete paint and a painters paint.
Supadec is also a great paint and not so costly but unless you are a painter by trade then i would steer clear of it has you really must understand paint and its flow,supadec is a tad tempramental and if your not of the brush then it will flow were you dont want it too and look bad in the process.
The dulux trade gloss is not a bad paint and with the right application can produce a great finish, although the black is a little runny and you must give it a day beore you see the finish.
for some reason it takes a bit of time to cure.
Go with dulux trade exterior has it will do what you want it to do and look just has good.
Answered 5th Oct 2012
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- Need to repaint the black plinth around the bottom of the exterior walls of my bungalow as the paint has begun to lift and flake off.
- What's the best way to restore a wooden conservatory where the paint is peeling off the exterior?
- whats the best make of radiator paint that will keep the radiator white and the best white make for the gloss work on the wood
- knots in the wood & yellowing of the said paint work