Ask a tradesman
I want to make our old airing/storage tank cupboard in bathroom into a shower cubicle, like the size and look of 900mmx900mm quadrant units.
What will be the best type of shower to fit, we have a new combi boiler?
3 Answers from MyBuilder Plumbers
Worcester Park • Member since 3 Oct 2012 • 134 jobs, 100% positive feedback
first you have to check water pressure. because there is to type of shower you can buy all is same the only think one of the for high pressure and one of the for low pressure .
Answered 4th Oct 2012
You can fit any shower valve. Make sure if you buy the conceald one the wall is thick enough to fit it.
Sometimes there is no difference between the highly priced valves and a bit cheaper ones.
Answered 2nd Oct 2012
Ashton Under Lyne • Member since 14 Apr 2011 • 33 jobs, 100% positive feedback
because i am old school and combi boilers sooner or later fail and they do !!!. if your cold water pressure is ok! i would mix and match and put a decent electric shower in,then you at least have something to fall back on due to boiler failure.PS sooner or later it will happen. take care.tom clydebank plumbing&heating
Answered 10th Oct 2012
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- i have a back boiler which is working fine at the moment. there is hot water in all the taps but the shower which is a stand alone mixer shower has no hot water coming out.
- Can you let me know the name of a sealant which could mend a hole which has developed n the base of the showerhead and which leaks when the shower is turned on.
- Single shower impelled - Hot water only coming out of small shower head, not big shower head
- Twin shower pump not working for one shower but does work for the ensuite shower