Ask a tradesperson


Spalling on chimney

See have some spalling on the corner bricks of the chimney on a house I’m soon to complete on. What kind of work is involved in repairing this kind of work and what tradesmen would I need to seek a quote from? Is it a big job?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

3 Answers from MyBuilder Bricklayers

Best Answer

Only way to fix this properly is to replace the brick. You will need a bricklayer and a scaffolding!


Answered 29th May 2022

You just need to cut out the spalled brick and replace with new matching brick


Answered 29th May 2022

You will need to contact a bricklayer to remove the spalled bricks and replace with a matching new bricks. You will also require scaffolding for the bricklayer to carry out the job safely, therefore you will need to contact a scaffolding firm as well. Depending on the height of the spalled bricks, and the space on the ground, some bricklayers might own a tower or could hire one. Hope this helps.
Ryan Ayres
R.A Brickwork


Answered 29th May 2022

Post your job to find high quality tradespeople and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories