Ask a tradesman

Damp Proofing

Spreading damp

i noticed a damp patch in my bathroom next to the window (black mould) this has slowly spread along the other wall and is now in my bedroom. Next door is a rented property and they suffer terribly from damp. I have had my roof checked and guttering done so its not a problem from my roof. I have ventilated the bathroom which has helped the problem. I also notice water on the worktops in the kitchen occasionally and i am getting damp in my kitchen cupboard. Next doors guttering is old and rotten could this be the source of the problem? Also what tradesman do i need to solve the problem? Please help i am at my wits end with this and had only recently redecorated the bedroom abnd the plastering is getting ruined.

2 Answers from MyBuilder Damp Proofing Specialists

Best Answer

Property maintenance such as myself who can organise free quotes for all work around the home. Could be a number of issues or simply one,


Answered 20th Sep 2012

Hi there
You need to get in a damp proofing company surveyor to check that the problem is internal condensation or external penetrating or rising damp once they have ascertained the problem they will quote you for remedial works.
with out looking no accurate advice can be given.

Kind regards


Answered 20th Sep 2012

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories