Gas Work Question

Cutting gas standpipe

I have a gas pipe coming into a room on ground floor of my house which used to have a coin op meter on. The meter for the house is upstairs. This pipe is live but not connected to the meter and there is no valve to close it. It is capped at the moment. I would like to cut it so that it is then capped off below floorboards. How do I go about getting supply turned off so it can be cut please

2 Answers

you need to get a gas safe plumber to do this, regards Terry.

Answered 17th Sep 2012

tm property services

Member since 9 Mar 2011

This sounds like a service pipe thats been discontinued and capped off. If this is the case it belongs to the gas supply company so it is their guys who will work on it.(It may cost)

Answered 17th Sep 2012

kevin cassidy building contractors

Member since 16 Dec 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Gas Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions