Conservatories Question

Repair of a conservatory

I had a conservatory rebuilt on existing walls, the glass roof was replaced with plastic sheeting which was cut too short, and has leaked under the guttering. The walls inside are covered in mould as the plaster board is wet, do I need a general builder or a specialist in conservatories, it is more like an oblong room with windows and patio doors. Many thanks

3 Answers

Best Answer

This is a shabby job! You need to get the original contractor back to put it right. If they refuse get hold of Trading Standards and get them involved. Anyone who does work like this should be prosecuted - unless they put irtysh right.

Answered 14th Sep 2012

Gerry Watkins Painter and Decorator

Member since 9 Nov 2011

contact a conservatory installer who can complete all of the work you have mentioned. general builders will quite happilly take your money but to be safe stick with the experts...

Answered 11th Sep 2012

East Durham Joinery

Member since 18 May 2012

Depending on how short the poly roof has been cut, you could either cut in new poly sections joining together with H section trim or if only an inch or so short you may be able to place an L shaped trim under the end of the poly leading into the guttering, on both these suggestions they will be visible alternatively you could replace all of the poly roof sheets, with regards to the walling my advice would be to remove and replace any water damaged areas with new

Answered 12th Sep 2012


Member since 12 Sep 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Conservatory Installers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions