Ask a tradesman


How to transfer 15 years experience.

I have 15 years experience as a Bricklayer in Italy. I've just moved to London and would like to find a job in the same field. How do I go about doing that?Can i just look for a job straight away?
Or do I need any further qualifications, or pass some tests? and if yes, any idea where to do a quick and cheap course in London?
Thank you in advance.

1 Answer from a MyBuilder Bricklayer

Best Answer

Do you have any qualifications as in papers that you can provide???,,,Its not easy to find a job here,,,I trained as a bricklayer and got my papers then as a plasterer and got my papers again,,,Ive never in 31 years have had to show them,,,basically the boss man will give you a start and will know if your any good within probably 15 minutes and I'm not joking Ive had 33 people working for me at one time and you know the tradesmen...I now work on my own,,why ??quality to the customer.


Answered 20th Sep 2012

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories