Ask a tradesman
Can you house a washing machine and dryer in a shed?
I currently house my washing machine and dryer in our integral garage but we are thinking of getting a garage converstion for a dining room and dont really want these in here, we will be getting a door put on side of garage to garden. Or would i need an outside brick building made and what would the cost roughty be if so
thank you in advance for your time. charlotte :>)
3 Answers from MyBuilder tradespeople
there should be no problem fitting these in a shed you just need to make sure that the electricity supply socket has the correct I p rating,a waterproof socket with an integral r c d should be sufficient, the only other thin would be to cover the appliances incase the roof should leak,regards Terry.
Answered 22nd Apr 2011
I don't see any reasons why you couldn't house these appliances outside in a shed. However, do you have electrical points in the shed? You can't just run an extension cable to it!!!
Also I'd make sure that the shed is nice and water tight, you wouldn't want any water ingress damaging your appliances.
Answered 22nd Apr 2011
Electrical supply obviously. But more importantly and potentially for difficult, drainage. You would ideally need to connect the washing machine to the sewer line or soil stack at some point. All things are possible though!
Answered 23rd Apr 2011
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- Is it a legal requirement to have a room themostat fitted with a new boiler/heating system?
- Is there a 3 PHASE inverter out there that can manage a possible output of up to 60.000 watts for a tanning shop?
- Can you rewire and make good a three bed house in under a week?
- Can you replace a bathroom basin that has a full pedestal, with a basin that has a semi Pedestal ?