Chimneys & Fireplaces Question

Decorative fireplaces

I'm just wondering do I need a HETAS fitter or local authority permission to install a decorative fireplace? One chimney breast has an existing opening and was used as an open fire by the previous owner. The other room used to have a fireplace but has been sealed off? Thanks.

1 Answer

Best Answer

If it purely decorative it is non notifiable and does not need HETAS or building control approval.

Only if you wanted a working fire would you need one of these option.

Kind regards,

Martyn Heywood.
Chimney Care and Repair.

Answered 28th Aug 2012

Chimney Care & repair Ltd

Member since 4 Jul 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Chimney & Fireplace Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions