Groundwork & Foundations Question

Mains soil pipe work

who needs to be informed juring addional changes to mains soil pipework and adding plastic manhole and rain water outlet to old clay pipe.

3 Answers

Best Answer

The adding and changing of soil pipes requires building regulations. Legally you should inform your local council that you want to carry out the work, they will charge you for coming out and inspecting the works are done correctly.

Answered 21st Apr 2011

Pure Building and Plumbing

Member since 31 May 2010

If you are doing this legally, then you should inform building control, especially if the main run is shared by others.
This is the case in my area, but could differ.

Answered 21st Apr 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

If the pipework is on your property you do not need permission but you must be clear about what pipes they are ( foul or surface water) before you connect to them and abide by local water bylaws,regards Terry.

Answered 21st Apr 2011

tm property services

Member since 9 Mar 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Groundworkers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions