Plastering Question

Plasterboard wall/category?

What category would it come under in the "Post a Job" section when it comes to having new plasterboard attached to a stud partition wall frame?
I have a small partition wall in my living room that I have stripped the old, warped plasterboard and replaced the problem beam that was causing the plasterboard to warp, and it is now ready to be 'plasterboarded'...

Another question, would it be necessary to have a plaster skim on the plasterboard for painting?

3 Answers

this comes under plastering if you want a good job done it would be better to plaster the stud as this gives a better finish paul

Answered 18th Aug 2012

Paul Rowland Plastering

Member since 5 Apr 2012

Definitely go for the skimming option, a plasterer can handle boarding and skimming. Tony

Answered 19th Aug 2012

A.J Plastering and Tiling

Member since 23 Dec 2008

Skimming all the way gives a 100% better finish.

Answered 10th Sep 2012

O'Brien's Plastering Services

Member since 18 May 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plasterers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions