Carpentry & Joinery Question

What sort of plywood do i need ?

What sort of plywood would I need to use to line my outside porch to be able to tile onto or line it with paper?? thanks

2 Answers

you would need WBP plywood its used for exterior use for that mate, but if your tiling ontop make sure its well glued and extra screws in to stop movement

Answered 8th Aug 2012

Skye Carpentry

Member since 19 Dec 2011

Hi Davey, it's likely your porch is single skin brickwork, which means it's porous, so anything you attaché is likely to get wet.. Harde backer board mounted on treated timbers would do the job sufficiently for some time, but there would be a chance of moisture building up behind, making the floor damp..

Answered 8th Aug 2012

Gem Property Maintenance

Member since 31 Jul 2009

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Carpenters & Joiners who can help you with your project.

Search all questions