Electrical Question

Panel heater safe zone

Hello. I want to replace and move old Dimplex panel heaters with modern. 1 place is approx 750mm under the RCD in hall. Is this OK. Can I use change a plug socket into a fused spur for heaters? Many thanks

2 Answers

Hi Alison, i dont quite understand your question. Do you mean can you change a socket into a fused spur to supply your heater?

Answered 4th Aug 2012

Efficient Electrical

Member since 1 Aug 2012

Most panel heaters are under 3000w so the easisest solution would be to put a standard 13amp plug top onto the panel heater flex and just plug it in if there is a standard 13amp socket closeby already?

A socket could be changed into a fused spur, but I'd not recomned that you do it to a spur yourself unless you have a good understanding of electrical circuits.

To me this sounds like a £30 job for an electrician, who would also be able to issue a minor electrical works certificate for the job on completion.

Answered 31st Oct 2012

Electrical Safety Services

Member since 17 Oct 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Electricians who can help you with your project.

Search all questions