Roofing Question

Roof remodelling

Not quite sure who I need for this! We have just made an offer on a house (detached, in countryside) which has 1980's white plastic horrible dormers on both sides of a long low pitch roof. It looks just as bad on the inside with different roof/house structure lines in the bedrooms, it just looks a complete mess. I know it's not a great explanation but we would be looking to completely raise the roof line and integrate it seamlessly into the house structure. Who is going be the best to quote/advise on this? Roofer, builder, structural engineer, architect? I say architect and structural engineer as it's not just a case of new joists and a re-tile. Advice much appreciated.

2 Answers

I would in the first instance discuss your proposals with the LA. Search online and you should be able to speak direct with a Building Control Officer to your new area who can give you some good sound advice on the feasibility and good local contractors such as those who subscribe to MyBuilder with feedback and Insurance to fall back on should something go wrong.

Answered 3rd Aug 2012


Member since 26 Jul 2012

Hi you would need an architect for the design and drawings they would no best weather the works is possible many thanks matthew.

Answered 4th Aug 2012

D Coleman Decorators & Roofers

Member since 10 Jan 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Roofers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions