Bathroom Fitting Question

Shower base

I have had a shower fitted by a not very good plumber...i have a large gap (about 150mm) between the floor and the base of the shower.
What can I use to cover this please? The gap looks so horrible!


3 Answers

Your kind plumber of late may not only have been poor in one arena of his trade, but in a number of many. If this is so, the gap could be put to use to view under the shower now and again in order to view the soundness of this installation.

Only when the integrity of this job has been found to be sure should you cover this up.

Most units come with a cover section if they purchased the leg kit to raise the tray off of the floor.

Answered 2nd Aug 2012

pjb plumbing & heating

Member since 17 Apr 2012

If you go to a local upvc facia board company you can buy strips of plastic at different thicknesses wickes might have some but not usually that small.
Here is an example on eBay

You can also buy corner pieces to finish the job nicely

Answered 2nd Aug 2012

srr property maintenance

Member since 3 Nov 2011

you can get 150mm x 5mm facia from omnico or covers

Answered 15th Aug 2012

jpburns property maintenance

Member since 1 Aug 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Bathroom Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions