Groundwork & Foundations Question

Collapse drains?

Ok, me and my friend have 2 opinions on this.

In our garden are a few holes have appeared here and there in the soil. The holes are about have a diameter of about 10cm. I know the sewage channel runs under the garden.

1. Now one of us thinks that the mice/rats are digging there way up through the soil causing the holes. We have seen mice come up these holes.

2. One of us thinks there is an underground drain under the soil and that has collapse and with the rainwater, the soil has loosened here and there and collapse inwards making holes. In this case we need a drainage person to fix any broken drain.

Anyone have opinions on this?

2 Answers

It could be a collapsed drain.The best thing to do would be to dig down and see what you find.

Answered 19th Jul 2012

DM Civils

Member since 16 Jan 2012

Put a camera or rods down to see if its collapsed. This will help determine where it has collapsed as well rather than digging endless inspection holes. We can assist with this.

Answered 29th Jan 2013

GM Environmentals

Member since 28 Jan 2013

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Groundworkers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions