Ask a tradesperson

Demolition & Waste Clearance

What to do regarding my issue

Anybody signpost me to someone who I can discuss my current issue with.
Building work undertaken and it appears we should of requested approval from Yorkshire Water when moving the gully.
They are requesting info from person who carried out the work regarding what and how drainage was moved to see if they can pass it now the building work is already complete. Due to other disputes and builder not engaging I feel he won't supply it to us.
Is it worth speaking with surveyors? Could they help? Or drainage company could they do anything.
Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

3 Answers from MyBuilder Demolition Specialists

Best Answer

Hi There

This could be a tricky one. Did the builders take any pictures of the drainage which you can provide to Yorkshire Water. If not it may have to be exposed then and checkedbefore being approved.


Contract Carpentry & Building


Answered 19th Feb 2021

Ye very hard one you should try and get w from original builders if this fails the contact surveyors they will be able to use a camera for pipe runs connections/traps used but the water board will want to see build up if pipes are deep enough and surrounded with pea gravel you will also need to do a drainage test.
Hope this helps


Answered 19th Feb 2021

You could consider a retrospective Architects Certificate. They’re not that cheap c.£2000 but possibly worth exploring.


Answered 19th Feb 2021

Post your job to find high quality tradespeople and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories