Kitchen Fitting Question

Fitting a wickes houston range kitchen in a u-shape


I bought the Wickes Houston range Kitchen and plan to fit it in a u-shape with one side coming out into the room a bit like a breakfast bar. My question is for the units that will be seen from the front and the back what do I use to make it look good? I have replacement wall and base ends but nothing for the back of the units which are a total length of 2300mm. Wickes do sell a decor tall panel which is 2660mm but it doesn't say what this is for.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

4 Answers

Best Answer

What you need is a " Show Back Panel " 900mm High x 2400mm wide
This will need to be cut to suit..
Most kitchen manufactures will sell you one ( Roughly £40-£50 )
Alternatively you could return your plinth along the underside of the back of the units and fix false doors to the back of the units to give the effect that units are present and you could even put handles on them ..
The decor end panel you refer to will be a tall side panel colour matched to the door to cover up exposed sides that could be white on the internal carcass..
Im pretty sure it will only be 600-650mm deep also it would not be suitable..
Im also pretty sure wickes will sell a " Show Back Panel "..
Good luck !

Answered 9th Jul 2012

SJ Installations

Member since 13 Jun 2012

Hi You require a decor back panel minimum 900mm highly 2400mm most good kitchen suppliers have them ask in wickes. If not. Find your nearest howdens joinery depot. I use all the time from this supplier. Hope this helps you. You will need to trim to size and possibly re edge if you have 2 open ends alternatively. Use the tall decor ends and purchase jointing strips.

Answered 25th Jun 2012

M N M Projects Limited

Member since 22 Apr 2008

They sell a decor panel for the back of your units it is for a breakfast bar.

Answered 25th Jun 2012

General Jobs

Member since 7 Feb 2009

you could buy a decor sheet to cover the back of the units or use the spare end pannles on each carcase.hope this helps.

Answered 26th Jun 2012

wiz-by maintenance

Member since 12 Jun 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Kitchen Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions