Central Heating Question

What to check in boiler

Hi there, I am in process of buying a house and first thing when I was on viewing I noticed a cylinderical tank in bathroom but couldnt see any boiler. Then on my second visit I noticed something in loft, it was covered with some cloth & was on some wood stand and i could sense it as a boiler however I dont know what type of boiler it is and how old that will be.

I am currently awaiting my homebuyers report but not sure if that report will contain anything on boiler. Does anyone has any idea what type of a boiler this could be and how much estatimate I would take to replace it with a new boiler (my friend has worchester which is small and compant fitted in kitchen and he says it is a combi boiler) and probably I would go for this one only.

Will this cost a fortune (more than 2-3ooo pounds ?) I asked my estate agent about boiler in first viewing but he wasnt sure so should i negotiate for this expense after valuation report ? Please help and advise.

1 Answer

Best Answer

Probably is a boiler in the loft. We do combi conversions to a 28kW Worcester or preferably a 28kW Vailant for under £2000. The Worcester is quite a deep combi, so wont fit easily inside a kitchen cabinet. If you want a combi to fit in a cabinet, then the Remeha is one of the most compact well priced and good quality combis on the market.

Answered 13th Jun 2012

Blake Ecotec Ltd

Member since 8 Feb 2009

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Heating Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions