Windows Question

Our double glazed windows have condensation inside. do we need to replace them or just have them resealed? rough price per window would be great!

10 Answers

Best Answer


the glass units will need to be replaced, the price of the windows depends on the size and thickness of them.


Answered 12th Apr 2011


Member since 5 May 2010

No feedback

you could get a window doctor to them ,but they are cheap enough to replace just make sure you get the correct cavity size ie 4 mm glass x 20 mm cavity x 4 mm glass = 28 mm thickness the cavity size can alter depending on age of the windows hope this helps,as to cost this changes from region to region and size of units required

Answered 12th Apr 2011

evergreen joinery services

Member since 3 Dec 2008

you could just replace the double glazed units if the rest of the window is ok which would cost you lot less and a lot less mess
hope that helps you
Derek McDonald
D M Joinery

Answered 12th Apr 2011

D.M Joinery service

Member since 13 Dec 2008

Hi ,
I would need to come and measure up your windows for an accurate price.

Answered 12th Apr 2011

Algy Construction Services Ltd

Member since 18 Feb 2009

No feedback

If your units have broken down ie, misted inside then you only need to replace the glass unit.
You will need a window fitter to come out, remove beads to measure width x height plus the thickness.
It may be a good idea to look through the question list, as this is a repeated question, and has been answered before.

Answered 13th Apr 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008


You would need to replace them it would cost more to have them re-sealed than have new ones.

NPS Property Services

Answered 16th May 2011

NPS Property services

Member since 12 Dec 2010

No feedback

Hi im Tony of TG Builders ,yes you will need to replace the units its not worth trying to reseal them,i would need to know the size of the unit and the thickness and wether they are toughend ,regards Tony.

Answered 12th Apr 2011

T G Builders

Member since 13 Mar 2010

No feedback

yes you will have to change the failed units but changing just the sealed glazing units should suffice regards Terry.

Answered 12th Apr 2011

tm property services

Member since 9 Mar 2011

Yes you will need to replace the unit that has broken

Answered 12th Apr 2011

S M Branton LTD

Member since 3 Feb 2011

new glass units required just shows the units have broken down unable to quote without size of units

Answered 12th Apr 2011

Dartnote Ltd

Member since 2 Nov 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Window Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions