Kitchen Fitting Question

Replugging existing kitchen hob into new worktop

Hi, I'm having my kitchen fully replaced except for appliances.

I need to know if any regulatory requirements would complicate the job (or if a gas engineer required) for either of below situations:

1) no new piping required but just Replugging,


2) builder who took out the hob initially, now has to get new Cooker hose and piping to connect the existing hob due to design issue of new kitchen units.


2 Answers

If it is a hob into a work top, it should be plumbed in with copper piping; hoses are for slot in ovens. The oven (slot in) has to be chained to the wall by law, to prevent it from tipping. If the hose on the back of the oven is old, it is always best to get a new one.

Answered 14th May 2012

Dave Florido Kitchen Installations

Member since 19 Apr 2012

If your builder is using a gas safe registered plumber, he will make sure that the oven and hob meet regulations. 15mm copper gas feed with isolator for the hob.
Chain oven to wall and use suitable bayonet hose for oven
hope this helps

Answered 14th May 2012

Darren Betts Kitchen & Bathroom Installations

Member since 23 Nov 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Kitchen Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions