Damp Proofing Question

Damp through external wall

Hi guys i need some advice. I noticed paint bubbling up from the external hallway wall on the side of the window when i tried rubbing the paint off the wall i found a patch of damp area on the wall it seems to get worse when there is heavy rain..think its the pointing that's gone outside can anyone shine some light on this and best solution for this??

2 Answers

Best Answer

The best thing to do is to have a damp test conducted to see if the damp course has failed. A local builder should come and have a look with a damp meter for free. If the damp course has gone the plaster inside is usually hacked off to the height of 1 meter. Then re-instated when it has dried out and the damp course has been fixed. It would also be a good idea to re-point any areas that need doing. Hope this helps, James - Bricks and Mortar.

Answered 1st May 2012

Bricks And Mortar

Member since 12 Oct 2010

It might be the pointing, or if it's below the window, it might be the window cill has perished and needs fixing/sealing.

Answered 3rd Jul 2012

Lester woods general builders ltd

Member since 8 Jul 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Damp Proofing Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions