Electrical Question

Who replaces electric showers?

If I want to replace an electric shower, do I need an electrician, a plumber or both? I don't think any of the plumbing or wiring needs to be replaced.

3 Answers

Best Answer

You really need a registered electrician to do the job, as a Minor Electrical Works Certificate needs to be issued for the job and the shower circuit RCD trip times tested, earth bonding checked etc.

Answered 30th Apr 2012

Electrical Safety Services

Member since 17 Oct 2011

An electrician who also has basic plumbing skills!

Answered 30th Apr 2012

Reid Electrics Ltd

Member since 27 Jul 2010

If you have an existing shower inplace then just an upgrade to an electric shower is needed complete with a new feed back to the consumer unit this has to be done by a quailified electrician and one who is registered with NICEIC, NAPIT, ELECSA etc so you can get an installation certificate for the work. The shower unit must be protected by RCD to comply with all current regulations etc please visit any one of the above registered companies to find out more about what you are trying to achieve.
If you have an existing electric shower then an electrician will check the KW of the shower etc but either way please use a qualidfied sparky.

Answered 30th Apr 2012


Member since 29 Mar 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Electricians who can help you with your project.

Search all questions