Carpentry & Joinery Question

How do i get a fensa certificate?

I replaced sash windows in my property in 2011, I am now selling my property and have been requested to provide a FENSA certificate. I can't get in contact with the company that carried out the work. How would I go about getting a certifiate? Thank You

2 Answers

Best Answer

Hi. Your out of time. Your windows have a time limit to put in for Fensa and Certass. Sounds like it was not registered after fitting. If your selling, just get your solicitor to get insurance cover- normally below £100, so no big deal !. You can check with Fensa direct to see if it was registered, If so they can send another Cert.

Answered 26th Apr 2012

T J Hubble

Member since 18 Aug 2009

You can speak with your local authority and ask them to appoint a building inspector who may be able to sign the windows off after an inspection for a minimal cost id give them a call and tell them your situation and ask there advise just bear in mind if you needed to apply for permission before you replaced as if you needed to and you didnt you could end up in a bit of trouble and be made to alter the windows ie if you live ina conservation area or listed building.
hope this helps
good luck

Answered 28th Apr 2012

SAS Carpentry

Member since 26 Mar 2009

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Carpenters & Joiners who can help you with your project.

Search all questions