Conversions - General Question

Converting small toilet into kitchentte


We are looking to convert a small toilet (6ft by 3.5ft) into a kitchenette.
Is the plumbing work involved major work? would just need connection for the taps on and an electricity socket. I have found a spacesaver unit which comes prebuilt, it just needs the taps connected. please advise how much work is involved.

4 Answers

Post as a job, get 3 quotes and choose your contractor, impossible to say whats involved without survey.
Regards Mark

Answered 7th Apr 2011

Pro Finishing Services

Member since 12 Jan 2010

As there was a toilet in situ and waste pipe,the work should be reliatively straight foward.But needs a tradesman to see it first,most professional trades wont quote without seeing job involved.Regards Shaine.

Answered 8th Apr 2011

S.thomas plastering and building services

Member since 10 Jan 2011

If you are converting from toilet to kitchen then the cold water pipe should be near, the hot supply would have to be piped in, just depends where from( you may have to lift floorboards etc.) ,as for the socket this has to be proteced by a 30 miliamp rcd so if your consumer unit/fuse box does not have one additional work/upgrading is required,regards Terry.

Answered 8th Apr 2011

tm property services

Member since 9 Mar 2011


I would say use the Hot and cold feeds from the basin (if their was one)
You should be ok to convert the toilet waste into kitchen waste.

I would plan :
-your socket
-your switches
-your sink position
-your units position
-your ventilation
-your isolation points

Just remeber
1st fix electrics
1st fix plumbing
I like to decorate the wall & ceiling at this stage
floor coverings
floor protection
2nd fix plumbing
2nd fix electrics

Many thanks & Kind regards

Phillip Llewellyn

Answered 10th Apr 2011

PKL Buildit

Member since 6 Jul 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Conversion Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions