Ask a tradesperson

Fascias, Soffits & Guttering

Box end timber rotting

Hi, I need to replace the box end section of my roof fascias which is 600mm x 450mm x 20mm dimensions. What would I need to buy for this? I’m struggling to find any such dimension for width as 450mm online.

4 Answers from MyBuilder Fascias & Soffits Specialists

Best Answer

Ply wood (marine) and cut down to size and re painted if the timber behind is also rotting you will Need to re frame it out aswell, if its plastic overclad you may need to do it in 2 different cuts if you cant get the correct size think the biggest maybe 600 and all plastic come in 5m lengths


Answered 6th Jun 2020

You would need to buy some jumbo replacement boards


Answered 6th Jun 2020

Don’t use ply wood use treated timber 225mm and join


Answered 29th Jun 2020

Use OSB board as it’s stitched and glued and not built in layers that can split when exposed to water.
You are able to purchase fascia barge boarding with a width of 600mm from a specialist UPVC supplier.


Answered 1st Jul 2020

Post your job to find high quality tradespeople and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories