Plumbing Question

Connector for connecting standard gas hose to cooker?

My gas cooker has a flanged connection with a 1/2" female back nut. What connector would you need in order to connect a standard gas hose to the cooker? I think it's a 1/2" female to 1/2" male parallel iron but I can't seem to find this product online (UK). I could only find irons with male taper. Also what specific washer is required to seal the join, would it be a 1/2" BSP washer? I won't be installing the cooker myself as that's dangerous but I need to know.

2 Answers

Best Answer

you can purchase a suitable iron connector from any well know plumbing and heating suppliers and simple gas paste would be sufficient to seal the connection

Answered 23rd Apr 2012

R P S Plumbing and Heating Services

Member since 23 Mar 2012

Get a gas safe engineer to fit your cooker and he will have the fittings.Why would you need to know what fitting is needed if your not going to try to fit it yourself which is not only dangerouse but also illeagal

Answered 23rd Apr 2012


Member since 1 Jun 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions