Demolition & Clearing Question

What job path to take??

I am messaging pearly for info into your trade, as I will be leaving the HM Forses in October this year I am interested to know what would be the best Plant Op ticket to obtain around the Nottinghamshire area for job availability and would love any advise given. I have a Counter Balance FLT Licence and C+E so HIAB is on my mind also Telescopic Handler and 360 Excavator! Also will have no exp how would that stand? Any advise would be grate thank you.

2 Answers

commercial diver/welder on the riggs north sea

i wouldve done that if i hadnt fallen in love! :)

fort william scotland check it ooot

Answered 22nd Apr 2012

hyram construction

Member since 21 Mar 2012

In regard to 360 excavators, a lot of firms ask for 2 years + experience this is a lot to do with the variety of jobs you can do with a 360 (footings,drainage, mining,demolition etc) so just getting a cpcs card is just the start. A lot of firms wont let a learner near their expensive kit.If you really want to get plant experience start on a rear tipping dumper(not much to learn) you can then watch other 360 and dozer operators on site and learn their methods and you might be able to steal goes during break time or cover when drivers are off.
Money isnt brilliant,you'd have to travel to find the best paid jobs.

Apparently non destructive testing of pipleline welds pays well if working abroad, heard of an ex plant operator earning up to £75000 per costs a few grand and its hard to get in on a good firm,another case of who you know

Answered 25th Jun 2014

Gwendraeth Valley Recycling Ltd

Member since 24 Jun 2014

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Demolition Contractors who can help you with your project.

Search all questions